At Dripping Springs Family Dentistry, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of diagnostic technologies because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow your Dripping Springs dental team to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums. In addition, there’s …
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because electronic communication is instantaneous.
The intraoral camera is a small pen-sized camera that goes in your mouth to show you what we see when we examine it. It’s a very handy device and it …
- eliminates the need for goopy impressions
- takes clear, color impressions of your teeth
- displays images on a screen so we can talk about it together
- makes it much easier to offer you restorative treatments.
Panoramic x-rays make it possible to get a full view of your entire mouth – with just one image. This includes both the upper and lower jaws, TMJs, all teeth, and even your nasal region. Other advantages of this technology in Dripping Springs include …
- a very detailed image that can show us cavities, bone abnormalities, and other oral health problems
- it aids in delivering certain treatments, including implants and dentures
- a fast, painless experience for you.
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it.
Please call today to book your consultation or to ask any questions about our practice and technologies. We welcome new patients and our friendly team will be happy to talk to you.
Yours in dental health,
Dr. Rob Smith, DDS, Dripping Springs